Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge



I didn’t get much reaction to my Goodreads post; you must all be aware of it or of its primary rival, Library Thing. No worries; maybe today’s post will bring you something new.

Last week I mentioned my personal challenge of reading 52 books this year. A number of those titles will call from my participation in the Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge, reading 26 books with one title per letter in the alphabet. This is the third year I’ll have done the challenge. The first year I succeeded 100%, while last year I scored 92%, reading 24 out of 26. The challenge is hosted by Escape with Dollycas into a Good Book, and you can join us here. Personally, I’m going with 27 titles for this year's challenge – adding a title that begins with a number. I’ve already read that one, The 12 Week Year, which I referred to yesterday. Here is a list of the remaining titles on my list for this year:

The Art of Work by Jeff Goins
Balance by Nik Wallenda
Caffeine for the Creative Mind by Stefan Mumaw
David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
Erasing Hell by Francis Chan
First Draft in 30 Days by Karen Wiesner
The Glory Wind by Valerie Sherrard
His Whole Life by Elizabeth Hay
The Idiot Millionaire by Derek  Foster
The Joy of Less by Francine Jay
The Kindness Diaries by Leon Logothetis
Lessons from the Mountain by Mary McDonough
Medicine Walk by Richard Wagamese
North of Normal by Cea Sunrise Person
One Hundred and Four Horses by Mandy Retzlaff
The Power of One Thing by Randy Carlson
Quiet by Susan Cain
The Right to Write by Julia Cameron
A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler
Time to Write by Kelly Stone
Unstoppable by Gregg Matte
Vanishing Grace by Philip Yancey
The Weekend Novelist by Robert Gray
The Xmas Files by Patrick Harding
The Year of Learning Dangerously by Quinn Cummings
Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler

This year I’ve taken steps to make sure I fully accomplish the challenge by creating a weekly reading calendar. Let me know if you’ll be joining me—you can even choose your own books :)

What should my reward be when I succeed?

2 comments:

  1. Anything by Julia Cameron has my vote. She changed my life. Elizabeth Hay is awesome too. Have you read anything by Joseph Boyden? He is one of our most important Canadian fiction writers, in my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear the endorsements for Julia Cameron and Elizabeth Hay. I have not yet read anything by Joseph Boyden, but onto the reading list he goes!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!