Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Friday, 15 January 2016

Dear Friday



Dear snow, You are very pretty, covering our rooftops, driveways and yards. Once I get you off the top of our cars, you may stay for a while.

Dear winter, You came, you saw, you conquered. Now disappear. Or, please supply the funds to put me on a plane destined for a safe place south of the equator. Yes, safe. I’m not that desperate.

Dear husband, I know you got used to being at home after your fall in December. Thank you for going back to work now that you are able. Thank you for bringing home the fruit and veggies (as bacon no longer applies in our plant-strong household). Thank you for all the work you do both in and out of the home. We love and appreciate you.

Dear Mr.Gladwell, Thanks for your quality non-fiction. You first opened my eyes in Blink; now you are driving home your points in David and Goliath. Such unique perspectives that most people don’t share, at least not until they read the evidence. I’ll never see things quite the same way again.

Dear God, Thank You that You hear our prayers and You see our needs and our condition. You meet us right where we are. I’ve seen several prayers answered just this week, both my own and others’. Thanks also for the gift of Your Word, which when read, memorized, understood and applied has the power to change our lives for the better. Thank You for the people you place in our lives at different seasons for Your purposes to be accomplished. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

P.S. God, If you would create the right conditions for my son to do well on his driving examination today (weather, roads, examiner, ability), it would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. It's a pleasure to read. I want to know how the driving exam turns out, please.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janie, and God answered prayer once again - conditions were right and my son passed his driving examination. We have graduated licensing where we live, so he still has one last level to pass before he has his full license. I think he has to drive for another year before he can attempt that one.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!