Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Monday, 11 January 2016

Intentionally Speaking: The 12 Week Year



I’ve just finished reading The 12 Week Year: get more done in 12 weeks than others do in 12 months by Brian P. Moran and Michael Lennington of The Execution Company. Essentially, they argue that the reason most people don’t accomplish more is because when they think of an entire year as their time frame, they think they have lots of time. By the time they realize the year is running out, they’re so far behind that it’s impossible to do enough to reach their original goals. Another huge issue for most people is that while they have goals and plans, they fail to execute them.

I’ve often said that you can read all the books and talk to all the experts you want, it’s all in the application of what they teach you. That is where I, and many others, fall short. The 12 Week Year guides the reader into setting goals and making plans for more manageable 12-week periods. While I have yet to see if it works for me, have yet in fact to do the required exercises, I think this concept has a lot of potential.

The book is a bit dry and repetitive in spots, but if you push through, it just may change your life. I’ll let you know! I’m off to do some vision-casting, goal-setting, and intricate planning.

“If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” – Thomas Edison
 The trick is being intentional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!