Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Monday, 18 January 2016

Intentionally Writing



We should talk about writing sometimes. This blog is called Color Me Writing: Wild About Words, after all. And writing is one of the things I want to be intentional about this year. How about you?

What I hope to accomplish: 
  • I want to complete my novel
  • I want to blog regularly
  • I want to find markets for my children’s picture book stories
  • I want to write at least one short story romance for an anthology
  • I want to pen some personal experience stories
In order to be successful at achieving one’s goals, one needs measurable objectives and clear strategies.

For the novel, for example, my measurable objectives are:
  • Revising the chapters written to date – there are about 32, if I recall correctly
  • Writing the book’s conclusion
And my strategies include:
  • Using the WIP time I’ve calendarized (1.5 hours per day) until the revisions are done (approximately six weeks if I do a chapter every weekday)
  • Using the WIP time to write the remainder of the novel, not working on any other pieces until finished
  • Submitting sections of the novel to my critique groups for feedback and improvement
  • Attending said writers’ groups
Can you think of any additional objectives or strategies I could use to accomplish this? What are your writing goals for the year and how do you intend to reach them?

Remember, a failure to plan is no more than a plan to fail. We can do better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!