Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Wednesday, 27 January 2016

One-Off Wednesday: Help



When I started this blog back in January, I thought ‘Webbed Wednesday’ would make for a good theme – introducing readers to a new website, blog or techy thing each week. Readers, it’s not working for me. I can’t imagine coming up with 52 new websites, blog posts or techy things over the course of this next year.

So…

Wednesdays will now be for one-offs, i.e. random topics and thoughts.

Today’s topic is work-related. Some of you know that I work in a public library. Yesterday, toward the end of my shift, one of our more needy computer users approached the desk with this invitation: “If you have the time, inclination, and patience, I have a few questions. You’ll need to come to the computer I’m using.”

Hmmm. Time, check. Patience, check. Inclination? Not so much.

Yes, I walked over and helped him with his tech issues. It’s my job; it’s what they pay me for. And let's not forget my verse for the year.

But really, people should be careful how they phrase their requests for help :)

4 comments:

  1. And it's a good thing people can't read minds :) K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you didn't roll your eyes, you're golden.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!