Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Monday, 4 January 2016

Question of the Month

Welcome to my first Question of the Month post on the new blog. Today Michael asks, “What are some New Year’s Resolutions you’ve made in the past?” If you’d like to post your answer to this question, please visit his website and get your blog listed on the hop. It’s really easy to do and Michael is super-friendly. Plus, he’s got a great Aussie accent – what more could you ask for?!

Okay, on to the question. Or rather, my answer.  It’s the sort of answer you might expect:

·         Lose weight. Is this the number 1 New Year’s resolution? I haven’t checked, but I suspect so. Those of us who live in the west and eat the typical North American diet could stand to lose a few pounds. I mean, not everyone obviously, but we do have a well-documented obesity problem. While I’ve never been in the obese category, I’ve certainly been overweight. A few years ago I lost 17 pounds on Dr. Mike Moreno’s 17-Day Diet. It might have been the last year I did a resolution even though it was clearly successful. The determining factor was that I was totally determined to do it. That can happen resolution or no.

·         Exercise more. This one goes rather hand-in-hand with the previous. Again, at the time I lost the 17 pounds I also exercised more, usually doing in-home walks with Leslie Sansone. While I’ve fallen off the walking wagon in the last couple of years, I do walk with our dog during the nice weather. He’s not big on walks in the frigid temps.

·         Write daily and read more books on the subject of writing. Still working on both of those. But if you’ve read my last few posts, you know that my word for this year is ‘intentional’ and writing is definitely part of what I plan to be more intentional about.

What about you? What resolutions have you made in the past? Did you keep or break them? Have you given up on making resolutions or found them a good way to form new habits? 

I’ll still be putting up a regular post today, so check back at noon for that. You won’t want to miss it!

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes. When you see something in the text that's in a different colour from the rest of the text, you can click on it and it will take you a different site. Michael hosts the Question of the Month. His blog is called 'A Life Examined.'

      Delete
  2. Your resolutions are probably pretty common ones. I've made my plans for 2016 and plan on writing about the same amount this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Losing weight is on my list too. It's going to be tough with all the snacky foods we have in the house for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you keep them out of sight in a room you don't use much? As long as they're not refrigerated snacks? That's what I try to do.

      Delete
  4. I haven't made any official resolutions, but the ones you mentioned are always on my mind.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That reminds me of a Willie Nelson song! :)

      Delete
  5. Here's to meeting your goals in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you meet your goals. I found that drinking a lot of water, and eating steamed greens helped me with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alissa. What kinds of steamed greens?

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the Resolutions! I love dance as a form of exercise. And eating smaller portions works wonders. Glad to have visited your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you visited, too, Kalpanaa. Smaller portions is a key. As for dancing, I keep it to the kitchen :)

      Delete
  8. I think you're right, weight-loss has to be the most popular goal at new year.

    Thanks for the kind words on my accent ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!