Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Sunday, 3 January 2016

Some Specifics

In yesterday’s post, I shared some of the areas I’m documenting on my calendar in order to be more productive and purposeful in 2016. Today, let’s take a quick peek at a few of them.

Family – at ages 18 and 20 my children are young adults, but still in need of a certain amount of parenting and guidance. Thankfully, for the most part, we have a great relationship, and they do come to me for support and advice, at least on occasion. This year, I want to make sure I’m getting quality time with them. Often I’ve been so busy with household chores that I haven’t been able to give them the attention I wanted to. In part, that’s because of faulty parenting – I’d have had more time if there’d been more hands on deck – but I can’t rewrite the past. I can only take responsibility for my part in it and move forward.

Friends -  If you go by Facebook, I have over 200 friends. Let’s face it; Facebook offers an inflated statistic. In fact, I have just a couple of close friends who live in my immediate vicinity. I have other good friends who live too far away to be ‘close,’ though when we do get together, it’s like old times. This year I want to build deeper relationships with my best friends and make a point of cultivating one or two new friendships.

Self-care – Like many women I’m so busy making sure everyone else is taken care of – husband, children, mother – that I fail to meet my own needs. Last year I read Cheryl  Richardson’s The Art of Extreme Self-Care and found it very informative. This year I want to put some of its suggestions to work. To that end, I’ve purchased my own copy, using a bookstore gift card one of my besties gave me for Christmas. I can reread and highlight at my own pace, implementing those ideas that seem best suited to me and my situation.

Maybe a manicure?

Can you relate? I’m sure I’m not alone. I’d love to have you join me on the intentionality path. We can encourage each other, hold one another accountable, learn some new things. We can discover what works and what doesn’t work for us.

I fully mean for this to be a place of honesty, transparency, authenticity and trust. We can use more of that in this world, yes?

Tomorrow we officially begin. I’m so excited to share this journey with you!

6 comments:

  1. I sense this is going to be a deep and rewarding ride for all of us. Question: Susan, are blogs public? Just wondering. Don't know much about them. --- pj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogs can be made public or private, PJ. This one is public :)

      Delete
  2. Another question: When I get e-mail notification of a new post by you, will the post be in my e-mail or at least a link to your blog --- or should I bookmark it. (Not that I wouldn't anyway, just trying to get these new facts straight. -- pj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shouldn't need to bookmark it. You will at least get a link to the blog. I get notifications of new posts by other bloggers, but I admit to being remiss at opening them. I've just been too busy this past year.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Susan. I DID get my first email from your blog soon after I posted that question. It was the whole entry, not just a link --- so all good, all good. Rock on.
      - pj

      Delete
  3. I am not a robot. I am not a robot. I am ....

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!