Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Webbed Wednesday: Online Learning

Today I’m going to introduce a couple of online course programs, Gale and GCF Learn Free. I think you’ll find both of them fabulous.


Gale, a well-known information provider, offers access to hundreds of instructor-led courses covering subjects in

·         Accounting and Finance
·         Business
·         Computer Applications
·         Design and Composition
·         Healthcare and Medical
·         Language and Arts
·         Personal Development
·         Teaching and Education
·         Technology, and
·         Writing and Publishing

While these are available to anyone for a cost, it may be that your local library has subscribed to Gale Courses as mine has. Then these courses are free with your library card! Courses run for six weeks, with two new lessons weekly and new sessions beginning each month.  The courses are entirely Web-based (with lessons, quizzes, and assignments). A dedicated professional instructor coordinates every course, pacing learners, answering questions, giving feedback, and facilitating discussions.

Today I begin a course in mystery writing! I’ve enjoyed a good cozy ever since my Nancy Drew days, especially after getting to know mystery writer, the late Robin Hathaway, on a personal basis, and have often thought it would be fun to try my hand. Now I can, and get some professional guidance in the process!

Also, if you’ve never visited GCF Learn Free, I’d strongly encourage you to do so. Here, there is no need to create an account and there are a variety of topics covered including the areas of

·         Technology
·         Reading
·         Math
·         Everyday Life, and
·         Work and Career

Want to improve your grammar, learn how to handle money or create a resume? This is the place to begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!