Okay, so it’s not technically a weigh-in, since I’m not going to give you the number on the scale. Disappointed, aren’t you? Ha!
Anyway, I managed to hold steady over the holidays, which is a fair accomplishment. Part of that success was due to the lack of holiday baking—we made just two kinds of cookies (gingerbread men and Empire cookies) and a vegan pumpkin pie. But considering all the chocolates we received (Pot of Gold, Turtles, almond bark, Ferrero Rocher, After Eight dinner mints)—wow!—perhaps it was a major accomplishment.
I haven’t been overly intentional about diet and exercise so far in this new year, but I’m going to become so starting today. After breakfast. We’re going out to a buffet this morning and I will be mindful about the things I put in my mouth, but I also want to enjoy this ‘last supper,’ so to speak.
Here are my plans for this week’s success:
- Check in with Cher, my accountability partner, Monday and Thursday
- Stick with the supper meal plan – lentils Monday, slow cooker Tuesday, quinoa Wednesday, fish Thursday, beans Friday, leftovers Saturday, and soup or pasta Sunday
- Either walk the dog or walk with Leslie Sansone DVDs at least three times, 30 minutes at a time. The dog’s not too fond of the winter weather, so more likely DVDs
- We still have a lot of chocolate in the house. Only one piece a day, preferably dark
- Don’t eat past satisfied
- No bedtime snacking
- Four 8-oz glasses of water daily (this is an improvement for me)
For the record, I want to lose 4-6 pounds.
Anyone else striving to lose weight or get fit this year? What are your plans for achieving?