Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Friday, 19 February 2016

Dear Friday



 
This week’s thankfulness report. I admit that sometimes it’s hard for me to remember what happened; the days fly by in a blur, and I don’t keep a gratitude journal. However, here we go:

+Godly teaching at my church. No tickling of the ears, saying what is politically correct or inoffensive. Loving in tone, which it ought to be (see 2 Timothy 4:3, 1 Corinthians 1:18, Colossians 4:6).

+Thoughtful worship put together by our worship leader and presented with excellence.

+Family Day, celebrated the third Monday of February in Ontario. A chance to get together with family, have a day off from work/school and relax.

+Not having to cook dinner on Saturday or Monday. D and I went to a dinner theatre Saturday night for a combo birthday/Valentine’s celebration; Monday we had Swiss Chalet.

+Opportunities to be silly, including watching hokey old television series like The Love Boat. (I know you’ll cut me some slack – it was Valentine’s weekend, after all).

+Social times with our life group and getting to know the members better through an icebreaker and the Who Said That? board game.

+The basics that we often take for granted: shelter, food, clothing, employment, health, a beautiful family, the ability to cast my cares on God…

What are you thankful for today?

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights…” (James 1:17a, TLV)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent. Now, however, I have the theme from the Love Boat in my head..Lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!