Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Bucket List



I’ve updated the bucket list I created back in October 2014. It includes only efforts that are a) fairly specific, b) can be accomplished in one fell swoop and c) are easily checked off when done. In other words, it doesn’t include things like declutter my house and keep it clean and tidy, or build deeper friendships, even though I’m working on those as well.

Career
  • publish at least one picture book
  • finish my novel and get it published
  • enter and win a writing contest
  • have a #1 best seller (hey, why not dream big?)
  • obtain a Master's, or equivalent, in Creative Writing
  • study under/be mentored by an accomplished (maybe even famous) author

Spiritual

People
  • see friends who live at a distance: especially, but not limited to, Armita, Libby, Patty, Pavlina
  • find and reconnect with friends from elementary school: Gillian and Susan 

Tasks
  • create scrapbooks for my kids
  • finish my son's baby book
  • organize my photos and catch up on my photo albums

Health and Fitness
  • lose seven pounds
  • take a ballroom dancing class
  • learn krav maga

Practical

This used to include things like learning how to sew, knit/crochet, make jams/preserves, etc. Now I am older and wiser. There are certain things I am just never likely to undertake.

Travel
  • Sweden
  • United Kingdom (Northern Ireland again, but also England and Scotland)
  • Ireland (again)
  • L'Anse Aux Meadows and Gros Morne, Newfoundland
  • Vancouver Island
  • Bermuda
  • Cayman Islands
  • Colorado
  • Hawaii
  • Tennessee
  • Mackinac Island
Speaking of travel, where’s your late autumn go-to destination for rest and relaxation?

And  what’s on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!