Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Saturday, 9 April 2016

H is for...


I’m going to take a different approach to today’s topic, H is for Heaven.

First, a couple of scripture verses that describe Heaven and Hell as real destinations: 

There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? (Jesus in John 14:2)
“You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. (Jesus in Matthew 7:13)

There’s a lot of interest in Heaven these days, and in life after death. Much has been written by people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. If you are interested in exploring the subject in greater depth, these are resources that I recommend:


The Colton Burpo story (also this analysis of his story from the perspective of a skeptic)


Joni Eareckson Tada’s Heaven is Your Real Home

Randy Alcorn’s Heaven

James Bryan Smith’s imaginative and speculative account, Room of Marvels


Today’s prayer (paraphrases of Psalm 89:6 and 73:25): Who in all of heaven can compare with You, Lord? What mightiest angel is anything like You? Who else have I in heaven but You? [May I] desire You more than anything on earth.

***

Don't forget to check out the other bloggers in the A-Z Blogging Challenge

4 comments:

  1. I deeply appreciate that your sharing thoughts on your faith and spiritualism. And this is a wonderful topic that I find many people are unwilling to discuss.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mark; your comment is very encouraging to me - you have no idea how much so.

      Just as a point of clarification, I think you mean spirituality rather than spiritualism. The latter is a movement based on the belief that departed souls can interact with the living. Spiritualists seek to make contact with the dead, which is very dangerous territory indeed.

      Thanks again for your comment. I hope you'll stop by again!

      Delete
  2. Love what you are doing with your AtoZ! Funny that many believe in Heaven but not in Hell, when the Bible actually says more about Hell than Heaven! I can't imagine exactly how it will be or how we'll be when we are there, but I know the One Thing I need to know for myself: My LOrd and Savior will be there. That's all that matters.
    Revisit the Tender Years with me during the #AtoZChallenge at Life & Faith in Caneyhead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, Barbara! People are much more willing to believe in Heaven than Hell, though the Bible does talk more about the latter.

      Thanks for the invitation to revisit the tender years. I'll be right over!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!