Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Thursday, 14 April 2016

L is For...



Yesterday kindness, today Love. We are on a roll, folks!

There is much one could say on the subject of love. The Bible is filled with verses on it – after all, God is love, right?

I’ll let you read the famous love chapter on your own: 1 Corinthians 13 can be found here. Again I’m using the Contemporary English Version, but you can switch to any version you prefer.

Here are the verses I’ve chosen to share: 

Hatred stirs up trouble; love overlooks the wrongs that others do (Proverbs 10:12)
If you love each other, everyone will know that you are my disciples. (John 13:35)
The greatest way to show love for friends is to die for them. (John 15:13)
My dear friends, we must love each other. Love comes from God, and when we love each other, it shows that we have been given new life. We are now God’s children, and we know him. (1 John 4:7)
And this one reflects God’s special affection for Israel:
Some time ago, the Lord appeared to me and told me to say: Israel, I will always love you; that’s why I’ve been so patient and kind. (Jeremiah 31:3)
God is patient and kind with all of us because of His love.

Two songs popped into my mind when I was thinking of this subject. I’ve posted them below for your enjoyment and reflection before we get to today’s prayer.


 Jesus Loves Me

 They'll Know We Are Christians By Our Love


Today’s prayer: God, we love You because You first loved us. Thank You for Your great love shown to us through Your plan of salvation. Let not a drop of Your love be wasted. May we show love to others, and may the world truly know that we are Christians by our love.


***
Don't forget to check out the other bloggers in the A-Z Blogging Challenge

2 comments:

  1. As I write this I have tears streaming down my face. You made my heart and soul smile, thank you. Great post. Very timely,as God usually is - no surprise there. I never heard that version of We Are Christians... It is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE Christian song and I thank you so much for sharing it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, thank you so much for letting me know how this post touched your heart and soul. God has a way of speaking just the right word to His children at just the right time. So glad that He prompted me to share your favourite Christian song so that you might be blessed today!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!