Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Saturday, 16 April 2016

N is For...


So many times we are filled with regret over the past. We can make it our dwelling place. But God tells us to put that all behind us. He longs to do new things in the heart of His children. N is for Newness. 

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives. (Romans 6:4)
But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit. (Romans 7:6)
And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 11:19)
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. (Isaiah 43:19)

The apostle Paul was once the great persecutor of Christians. He had much to sorrow over. Yet he says,
Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13b-14).
He went on to accomplish great things for the sake of the gospel.

I have felt this newness for myself when I returned to God after a period of wandering. There is nothing equal to knowing you’ve been washed clean from your sins! And no one is too far gone for God!

Today’s prayer: Thank You, God, for newness of life, that when we come to You and seek You with our whole hearts, Your arms are open wide to receive us. Thank You for making all things new. May my readers experience this transformation for themselves as they come to You.






***
Don't forget to check out the other bloggers in the A-Z Blogging Challenge

2 comments:

  1. I, too, spent time wandering away from God. There is nothing as freeing as coming back to Him, confessing your sins! And you do feel new, even while you are still changing. I like the verse from Psalms 103, "He has removed our sins as far away from us as the east is from the west."
    Revisit the Tender Years with me during the #AtoZChallenge at Life & Faith in Caneyhead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Barbara, that is my absolute favourite verse in the Bible! Thank you for sharing!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!