Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge Update

I haven't updated my progress since March 15, so thought on our first visit to the Bookworm Meet-up since the A-Z Blogging Challenge, I'd post the list of Alphabet Soup titles I've read between mid-March and now.  They are:

The Glory Wind by Valerie Sherrard
Home from the Vinyl Cafe: a Year of Stories by Stuart Mclean
Lessons from the Mountain by Mary McDonough
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik  Backman
The Night the Gods Smiled by Eric Wright
A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler

Some of these titles are different from those I originally planned to read for the challenge, and I haven't posted reviews of any of them, at least not yet. But if I were to put them in order of preference (instead of alphabetically), it would go like this:

1. A Spool of Blue Thread
2. The Glory Wind
(both of which were book club titles, by the way)
3. Home from the Vinyl Cafe 
4. A Man Called Ove
5. Lessons from the Mountain
and
6. The Night the Gods Smiled 

Fifteen more titles to go, and while I'm off the reading schedule I originally set for myself at the beginning of the year, this is totally doable. We have 30 weeks and 4 days to go, so I only need to read one book every two weeks to reach the Alphabet Soup goal. To reach my Goodreads challenge, I only have twelve books left to read. As the saying goes, 'two birds with one stone!' Or, less violently, 'two plants with one seed!'

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love Anne Tyler, but I can't seem to get through "A Spool of Blue Thread." I read a bit and then set it aside to read something else. Is "Lessons From The Mountain" Mary McDonough's book about working on The Waltons? That was my favorite show when I was growing up.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you can't get through 'A Spool of Blue Thread.' It's worth persevering!

      Yes, Mary McDonough's book is about life on The Waltons, before, during and after. Loved the show, but less enthusiastic about this book.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!