Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Friday, 17 June 2016

Dear Friday

It's been a while since I've posted on the subject of gratitude. Not because I haven't had much to be thankful for, but because I took so long to get through the A-Z Blogging Challenge
 
So, with due respect to Arlee (LOL), I'm first of all thankful that this year's A-Z is behind me! 

I'm also thankful that my mom's Echo cardiogram and EKG tests showed no damage to her valves or heart function. She still has to have a stress (treadmill) test this Friday, but if the results of that are confirming, it should put her mind (and heart!) at ease.

I am going through some personal stuff, so I am majorly grateful that God never leaves me and walks alongside me, both on the mountaintop and in the valley. He is faithful and gives me the strength I need. He comforts me and gives me peace when I would otherwise be stressed and anxious. These are not easy days, but because of our relationship, I have hope, knowing that He will complete the good work He began (Philippians 1:6), and that He is working all things together for good (Romans 8:28). Without His presence and promises I don't know how I would get through life.

Sometimes we can take friends for granted, but when we're faced with trials, we learn just how much we need them. I so appreciate the circle of people I can count on to pray with and for me. Their prayers are kept in golden bowls in Heaven  (Revelation 5:8) and treasured in my heart.

And God knows exactly what we need - whether it's the prayers of a friend or a message from His Word or to be blessed by a song. I didn't know it at the time, but the studies we did in our life group this year were preparing me for right now. So grateful for my life group leader's sensitivity to the direction of the Holy Spirit when she chooses the lessons we'll be learning. It was in this way that I was introduced to Jim Cymbala's books on prayer and faith, which have touched and grown me these last few months.

May God bless you today, as I know He is blessing me. In the challenges of life, He strengthens trust and faith. There are things we need to learn, sometimes hard things, but He never leaves us on our own.

Enjoy!:

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's difficult to remember the Lord is with you, but He is. I went through something awful a few years ago. Something I wanted didn't work out. About a month later, I realized that if it had happened, it would have caused a major financial calamity for me. I thought, God said "no" for a good reason. He saved me.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your 'testimony' to God's grace, Janie. What a wonderful story of how He truly cares for us. And in such personal ways!

      Delete
  2. Stopping by on the summer road trip. I already follow your blog after discovering you during the April Challenge. See, all the hard work does pay off. This June I have been writing a series of posts about summertimes when I was growing up to help remind others what summer was once about. Let me know what you think if you have time to drive by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Stepheny :) I look forward to reading some of your summertime posts!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!