Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Wednesday, 15 June 2016

One-Off Wednesday

We lend energy 'kits' at our library, which allow customers to monitor energy usage in their homes and assess where savings may be found. Recently I had a customer ask about the whereabouts of one of these kits, and showed her where she could find it on our shelves.

Now, you need to understand that the kits consist of several parts: two energy meters, a power cost monitor set (all three in their own boxes), a CD, brochure, and folder with various documents. These are all contained within a larger Rubbermaid-type tote. 

The customer went off with the tote to look over the contents and returned a little while later, looking quite satisfied. "I managed to get everything into my backpack," she said. "What do you want me to do with the container?"

Um, "you can't take the stuff out of the tote; you have to take everything with you when you sign it out," I explained, quickly wiping the pleased expression from her face.

"I can't carry the whole thing!" she said. "I'm on a bicycle!"

It's a shame her bike didn't have one of these:


 


2 comments:

  1. There is an irony to the fact that a person on a bicycle wouldn't be able to take the energy kit home easily. The carry box would have been helpful. I don't know if anywhere around where I live has such a thing as this to offer, but it would be interesting information I suppose.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point about the irony, Arlee - so true!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!