Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Five Books

Our workplace social committee is running a summer challenge, and I thought I would pose this week's question to all of you:
A disaster is about to happen (apocalypse, zombies taking over the world, stranded on a desert island, the choice is yours) and you can only save 5 books.  What 5 books would you save?
I answered:

1. The Bible - for spiritual sustenance and survival I couldn't do without it

2. The Ultimate Survival Manual, Canadian edition - for obvious reasons.


and for pure reading pleasure:

3. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis


4. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery



5. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White


I would never get tired of them. Interesting that #3-5 are all written by authors who go by their initials!

I would not take: Ulysses by James Joyce. It has sat on my home bookshelf for years (since I was in university!) and I have yet to read it even once.
 
How about you? Which five titles would you choose to save?

5 comments:

  1. I love your book choices Susan! I love all (but not familiar with the Survival one - as a Canadian, I should check that one out).

    I would save my Bible for sure but I'm not sure on my other 4 picks. I'll have to think on that one!

    Thanks for sharing!

    PS - This is a belated visit from Coach Daddy's 6 words post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Jennifer! I hope you'll stop by when you decide on your other pics - or write your own blog post about it!

      Delete
    2. P.S. I tried leaving a comment on your 'What It's Like Living with Anxiety' post, but it doesn't look like it worked :(

      Delete
  2. Hello from the A to Z Post-Challenge Road Trip. It’s nice to stop by and visit via this more leisurely route.
    I love Charlotte's Web! Definately in my top 10 list.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Trisha Faye
    www.trishafaye.wordpress.com
    www.embracinglifetribe.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trisha! I'm looking to make my way along the road trip beginning in September. Sooo busy this summer already!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!