Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Monday, 4 July 2016

Question of the Month

As a life-long avid reader, I'm in love with Michael's question for this month, which is...

“What was the first book (or book series) you really fell in love with?”
As a life-long avid reader, this is also a really challenging question. It's hard to go back to when you were three to remember what you read then. However, I do recall very much enjoying the Madeline, Curious George and Babar books. As I grew older, series I enjoyed included Anne of Green Gables and The Chronicles of Narnia.

Today I'm a big fan of cozy mysteries and one of my favourite characters is Agatha Raisin.

Until recently I had over 1450 books on my Goodreads to-read list, but I hacked it back to just under 900 for greater manageability. That being said, I'm always on the lookout for new and worthwhile titles. What are some of your favourites?
______________
Are you part of the Question of the Month blog hop?  Why not join us? Sign up here!

6 comments:

  1. I adore The Chronicles of Narnia. I read all of the books to each of my children, and I often give the books to other children.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. 900 to-read books - what a truly impressive number. I'm sure your number of books already read is equally impressive. Of course it's hard to choose the one favorite. When I answered this question, I went not with the favorite but with the one book that turned my life in a different direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyed reading your post, Olga - great story! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. As is so often the case, I had no idea that Babar and Madeline started as books. Those were two TV cartoons that played a part in my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to enlighten you, Michael. Now for a trip to your local library ;)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!