Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Friday, 15 July 2016

Thankful

Open up a newspaper or online news site and you're bound to be bombarded with horror stories of what's going on locally, nationally, and around the world. A person could be permanently depressed and/or anxious if she allowed herself to dwell on the violence, hatred, and pure evil that people are perpetrating on each other. 

While I don't recommend burying one's head in the sand and pretending - lalalalala - that everything's just fine and dandy, it's important for mental health to remember that there are lots of good stories that aren't making headlines, there are people who are choosing to act in positive, life-giving ways every day, and that we do better when we count our blessings and maintain an attitude of gratitude no matter what is going on globally.

Flickr
 Today I am thankful for the gift of life. I am thankful for breath and health. While there is stress in my world and I hold it in my shoulders, there are physiotherapists and massage therapists working with me to loosen my muscles and improve my posture. I also know that while I don't know the future, God is worthy of my trust, and it's probably a very good thing that I don't know what lies ahead.
 

I am thankful for the beauty He created for us to enjoy and for the opportunity I had last week to strike an item off my bucket list when my husband and I visited Mackinac Island in Michigan. I am thankful for the safe travel, for our son's safety at home, for the relaxation, the beautiful setting and the resources to afford the trip.



I am thankful that my mom has been surviving the current heat wave and that we have air conditioning at home and in my workplace.

I am thankful that even though it appears my daughter has a moderate allergy to bee stings, it is not life-threatening.

Most of all, I am thankful for a God who never leaves us or forsakes us, and who even gave His life for us. Accept His gift and know that you will never walk alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!