Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Wednesday, 30 November 2016

6 Words

The last Wednesday of every month, Eli compiles a post inspired by Ernest Hemingway, who said any story can be told in six words. Eli asks bloggers, friends, strangers, and a few strange blogger friends to respond to a prompt. This month's is as follows:

November 30 is Stay Home Because You're Well Day - who knew, right? In six words, share what you would do if you took a wellness day off from your usual activities.

For me it was easy: Get all my Christmas stuff done (I'm #24 on Eli's list of responses)

What Christmas stuff do I need to get done? Almost everything!

Well, a lot of my Christmas shopping is done and a good number of Christmas cards have been popped in the mail. But I still have to put up the Advent calendar (tomorrow) and the Christmas tree (fake); wrap the gifts I've purchased to see what still needs to be bought; do my Christmas baking and plan my Christmas dinner menu. Most of that can be done in a day, no? Maybe not the baking, but the rest of it...?

Unfortunately, I can't take today off, well or otherwise. This morning I'm off to a women's event at church, this afternoon I'm working, and after that I'm paying a visit to our financial advisor to make sure our ducks are all in a row. When I get home, I'll put my feet up for sure. Maybe I'll write a few more Christmas cards and get that dinner menu out of the way.

1 comment:

  1. Getting into the spirit of things with W's Christmas movies --- something every night, although uneven. Still...
    25 more days to go. Lots to do, most of it to be done in a big rush at the end. ;)
    Maybe too ambitious for the Christmas meal. THAT I'll have to give more thought to.
    Will yours be a veggie Christmas? I wish my group would eat tofurkey. I'd be happy to serve it up.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!