Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Thursday, 17 November 2016

Think Write Thursday

It's going to be a busy day. I'm working this morning, have errands to run this afternoon, and our life group meeting is tonight. We've eaten up the leftovers and if I want to save money by cooking during mid-peak times, I have to have our evening meal ready to put on the table by five. What will I make for dinner?

Quinoa (pronounced 'keen-wa' for those who are still wondering) is my go-to quickie. I don't remember where I came by this recipe other than to say it's one I photocopied from a vegan cookbook. Unfortunately, I can't credit the author. 

Quick Quinoa and Vegetables



1 cup quinoa
1.5 - 2 cups veggie broth
3 cups frozen veggies (I most recently used green beans, corn and a mix of onions and peppers)
1 15-19 oz can of chickpeas
2 teaspoons of basil
1 teaspoon of oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Mix it all together in a greased 8.5 x 11-ish casserole dish and bake in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 50-60 minutes. Enjoy plain or drizzle with your favourite Diana sauce. Serve alone or with a carb.

What I love about quinoa is that it's a complete protein and can be consumed hot or cold. This recipe is just as enjoyable as a salad the following day. I hope you like it as much as I do!
___________
This post is part of the Think Write Thursday blog hop hosted by Carole and Kat. If you'd like to join us, sign up here.

8 comments:

  1. This recipe looks excellent! And, diet friendly! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Kat! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Susan, for this great recipe! I'll be trying it soon. I think the family will like it, too.
      Best, P

      Delete
    3. You're welcome, P! Let me know what you (and your family) think once you've tried it!

      Delete
  2. I've heard so much about quinoa but never knew exactly what to do with it. Thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Bonny! Let me know what you think after you've tried it!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!