Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Saturday, 3 December 2016

Saturday Weigh-In

I have a confession to make: I've been avoiding the scale. It's discouraging to step on it day after day only to see the same, or higher, numbers. 

I did get on it this morning. And no, there was no change for the better. The scale is not my friend, but then again neither am I. I have a few problems:
  • I'm over a "certain" age
  • I can be a bit careless about my food choices
  • Sugar and simple carbs are my enemy
  • I don't get enough exercise - I walk the dog pretty much daily, but it's more of a stroll
  • I don't yet think like a thin person 
The Christmas season is fast approaching, with all of its temptations and delights. My goal is simply maintenance until it's past. As long as I don't gain, I'll be happy. For the new year I need new strategies and habits. I've 7-9 pounds to shed.

Anyone with me?

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you, but I need to get rid of a lot more weight than your goal. I'm already working on it. It doesn't want to come off, no matter what I eat or don't eat. I don't exercise enough, which is nobody's fault but my own.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since it doesn't seem to be an eating problem for you, are you working on it by getting more exercise? I wish you well in your efforts and hope my semi-regular Saturday "weigh-ins" help keep you motivated. At the very least you know you're not alone.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I'm definitely not alone, but one of us isn't making an effort at all.

      Delete
    3. I'm left to wonder which one of us that is. Tee-hee :)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!