Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Saturday, 17 December 2016

Saturday Weigh-In

There's not much fun in restricting your diet over the holidays. Of course, you can make sure you eat in moderation, enjoying the Christmas/Hanukah/Kwanzaa foods without stuffing yourself. But to deny the pleasure of them entirely would be foolhardy, and a risk I'm not prepared to take.

What's the risk, you ask? Good question! The risk is that in denying myself the enjoyment of holiday treats, I might actually give myself over to them. You know how it is - bottle your feelings up long enough and before long you're exploding. Prevent yourself from having even a spoonful of ice cream at a gathering and when you get home you devour the entire 1.89 liter bucket. All or nothing. Famine or feast. 

So I'm going to partake without going wild. And I'm going to plan for conscientious change in the new year. Not a New Year's resolution - I'm not big on those - but a goal to strive for. 

To that end, I've identified several books I want to read on the topic:

28 Days of Clean Eating: the Healthy Way to Kick Dieting Forever - Sonoma Press

The Abundance Diet: The 28-day Plan to Reinvent Your Health, Lose Weight, and Discover the Power of Plant-Based Foods - Somer McCowan

Perhaps the most important aspect of "diet" and weight loss is what happens between your ears. The brain/mind needs changing. I need to think like a slim person does. Hence the following titles:

The Amen Solution: The Brain Healthy Way to Lose Weight and Keep It Off - Daniel Amen

Thin from Within: The Powerful Self-Coaching Program for Permanent Weight Loss - Joseph J. Luciani

The Diet Trap Solution: Train Your Brain to Lose Weight and Keep It Off for Good - Judith S. Beck and Deborah Beck Busis

Skinny Habits: The Six Secrets of Thin People - Bob Harper

I may start with that last one, which I've read previously. It's easy-to-read with a conversational style and had some good pointers. As always, it's in the application.

Are there any books you've read on the subject of diet and weight that you found particularly helpful or life-changing? What works (or doesn't work) for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!