But today is Christmas Eve, for goodness' sake! Between now and New Year's Eve day, there will be many delectables to enjoy, albeit in moderation.
Does anyone have a special Christmas Eve meal that is part of their tradition? I'd thought of making tourtiere, which is very Canadian, but with all of the prep for tomorrow, I didn't want more work. Maybe next year if I can get it made ahead. Instead, we're having a fairly light soup supper followed by rice pudding. I'll bake an almond into it for luck, though we're not Swedish. After supper we're off to a Christmas Eve church service, and I imagine we'll be watching It's a Wonderful Life this evening.
Tomorrow's menu consists of:
- turkey (for the non-vegetarians)
- lentil walnut loaf
- mashed potatoes
- a sweet potato/yam dish, which is being contributed
- a green veg dish, also contributed
- cranberry sauce
- homemade dinner rolls
- a jello mold - haven't made one in years!
- chocolate cake, contributed