Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Right Now

Drinking: I've had my morning coffee (this time a half-caff French Vanilla blend) and will likely need another mid-day. In between times, I plan to work on my water intake, which has taken a nose-dive since last week.

Eating: Breakfast was 1 cup of Special K Oats and Honey with almond milk, yogurt with strawberries and granola. I'm thinking Tim Hortons or Subway for lunch. Baked salmon with McCain fries and broccoli for supper.

Reading: When Someone You Know Has Depression: Words to Say and Things to Do by Susan J. Noonan et. al, Your Own Jesus: a God Insistent on Making it Personal by Mark Hall, and Resorting to Murder: Holiday Mysteries, compiled by Martin Edwards

Watching: we watched Storks last night. What silliness, especially the wolves. I'd give it about 6.5 stars out of 10. My husband gives it 7.

Listening: Sirius XM The Message

Creating: revisions to my novel are ongoing. I thought of something else for this category yesterday, but wouldn't you know? I can't think of it now.

Buying: groceries

Pondering: so many things. One of them is the truth that words are powerful. As it says in Proverbs 18:21 "The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences" (NLT). We need to think before we speak. Our words can heal or harm. What are we trying to accomplish? Do our words line up with that, or is it a case of 'open mouth, insert foot?' Are we so self-absorbed or emotion-driven that we can't speak straight? 

A friend posted this related thought on Facebook last week:


Feeling: fat. I know everything is relative and some would say I look fine and don't need to lose weight, but I can see the extra padding on my belly and feel the change in how my clothes fit. I have to do something. I just received word that our doctor has provided the blood requisition form we need for the lipid panel test. We can start the rescue diet on Feb 2nd as planned!

Anticipating: getting my hair cut later this morning. My hair is fine and straight and I haven't had it cut since September. It's at that stage where it looks limp and hanging. Can't wait to get to the hairdresser's and chop off 2-2.5 inches.


For those of you who may have been wondering - the curling last Saturday went very well. Though there was a somewhat competitive spirit, it was all in good fun. It's not a sport I plan to take up (the cold arena and I didn't get along and my feet were freezing at the end of two hours), but I did enjoy it and it was a good work-out. It did make me think about going bowling more often, LOL.

What's happening with you right now? 

2 comments:

  1. I need a haircut too! Maybe sometime later this week. The reading you are doing all sounds interesting! I know I wouldn't like curling either. Don't like cold at all! I am going to look into the rescue diet. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *liked* curling, it's just not for me long-term!
      I definitely need that rescue; got on the scale this morning and am up even more. Very discouraging. Need a good kick in the pants and hopefully the diet is just the thing. If we see results, we'll keep going with a no-animal- protein food plan. Let me know if you try it!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!