Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Saturday, 21 January 2017

Weigh-In Saturday

Still not my feet!
So I still have about 8-10 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight. In spite of my friend's advice not to worry about 10 pounds as long as I'm healthy (the thought being there's an age at which we gain and an age at which we shed), I'm not going to give in to inertia. A 4 pound gain every year adds up and will be harder to lose when that great time of shedding arrives. Plus, if I think of my body as a temple, I want to make sure I'm filling it with good things, not junk. And I can't forget that the body, with all of its muscles, was made for motion.

I've done much better this past week. I've been more mindful about eating and drinking water, and by the time today is through I'll have exercised 6 out of 7 days - two long walks with the dog, three indoor walking sessions with Leslie Sansone, and curling with friends this afternoon. 

I also finished reading The Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Diet by Rip Esselstyn (a former firefighter and son of  Caldwell B. Esselstyn of Forks Over Knives fame). I plan to implement the diet soon, but first I want a 'before' lipid panel test so I can know what effect the diet has on my cholesterol and triglyceride numbers. And I need to do some shopping; the rescue is entirely avoidant of animal proteins and the only sugars are those found in fruits and vegetables. 

Will let you know when I get started. In the meantime, I plan to continue my good efforts from the past week. 

If one of your goals for this year was to get healthy, more active and/or lose weight, how have you been making out? I'm happy to be your accountability partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!