Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Right Now

Drinking: More water than usual, and herbal teas. I haven't had coffee or any juices since beginning the rescue diet last Thursday.

Eating: According to the rescue diet food choices. I haven't used a lot of the book's recipes, but have made meals from the 'approved' list of foods. You actually can eat oatmeal without sugar! (Hint: use banana as a sweetener).

Reading: Check out my reading list from yesterday's post.

Watching: We watched Sully last night (really good); next up is Jason Bourne.

Listening: the usual - The Message on Sirius XM.

Creating: Space. I have a few things up for sale on Kijiji and we've been slowly working away at decluttering. It' ain't easy, let me tell you.

Buying: Mainly groceries. I'm not a shopping fanatic.

Pondering: This quote from Sheila Walsh's Loved Back to Life: "Children are the best recorders of information - they miss nothing; but they are the poorest interpreters." Apart from showing your children love as they grow, the most important thing is communicating and making sure they understand what's going on around them. Encourage them to ask all the 'why' questions that are percolating in their brains and provide an environment that is communication-friendly. Don't assume they know things because you do.

Anticipating: my husband's birthday is this Sunday. His parents are taking us out to lunch and then we are going on our own to see a play. I'm looking forward to that. Also, today is the last day of the 7-day rescue diet and we'll weigh in tomorrow as well as get our 'after' blood tests. It'll be interesting to see how we fared and what the numbers say.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a shopping addict either. I don't even like grocery shopping. I have been wanting to see Sully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fascinating story and was really well done. Last night we watched Jason Bourne. That was really good too.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to be able to say that I'm drinking a twenty-ounce glass of water right now.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, Janie. Keep up the good work!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!