Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Monday, 20 March 2017

A to Z Blogging Challenge: Theme Reveal

I've lost track of how many years I've participated in the A to Z Blogging Challenge. Color Me Writing has only existed since January 2016, but I participated at least a few times under my old blog title, Notes From Innisfree. A to Z runs all through April with 26 posts, one for each letter of the alphabet, every day except Sunday.

This year the A to Z team is running things a little differently. There's no more linky sign-up process. Instead, those doing the challenge will post a comment to the daily Challenge blog with a link to their own post for the day. You can read all the details here. Maybe you'd like to join us!

I haven't written any of my actual posts yet; however, I have chosen my theme. I'm going to step out on a limb and share my thoughts on being a parent to young adults. If you're a parent, grandparent or young adult, you'll likely be interested in visiting and chiming in with your own experiences and opinions. One and all are welcome. I'm sure we can learn something from one another and encouragement is always appreciated!

Usually on Mondays I post a quote that's meant to offer motivation and/or provoke thought. For today I leave you with this:
You can tell the size of your God by looking at the size of your worry list. The longer your list, the smaller your God. 
Although the author is unknown, s/he was clearly a very wise person, don't you agree?

14 comments:

  1. Awesome quote! Good theme, Susan! I look forward to your entries.
    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead #AtoZChallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you back blogging, Barbara!

      Delete
  2. The A to Z challenge sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote. But I am afraid my God is quite small right now. I wish I could hand the worries over and stop obsessing about them. I will look forward to your A to Z. I think I'll sit it out this year. I just haven't felt the pull!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can all do better at handing our worries over to God. I'll look forward to visiting your blog even if you're not doing A-Z this year!

      Delete
  4. This should be an interesting set of posts. I look forward to reading them all.

    I like the quote. Except, I think that some people are given more burdens in this life. So I don't know that I agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more burdens you have, the more you need to hand over your worries!

      Delete
  5. I have adult children, so I'll be reading and probably nodding my head. Great theme.
    https://denapawling.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-to-z-challenge-theme-reveal.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dena. Look forward to your insights!

      Delete
  6. I like the sound of this theme. I'm currently trying to start a family (which is kind of what my A to Z theme is about) so hopefully I'll pick up some tips for the future. ;-)

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully! Best wishes in starting your family!

      Delete
  7. Hello, here from the A-Z and I remember Notes from Innisfree. Interesting theme, don't have an young adult child yet, but will sooner than I think or want :) so dropping in here might be good prep.

    All the best for a super A-Z!
    Nilanjana.
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for remembering Notes from Innisfree, Nilanjana. I hope to write the kind of posts I could have used :)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!