Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Wednesday, 15 March 2017

Right Now

Apologies for my absence from the blogosphere lately. I don't mean to ignore you all, but have been trying to commit to my novel-writing schedule as well as to clear up my office space and declutter my brain. I'm sure you understand.

Here's what I'm doing right now:

Blast Daylight Savings Time!
Drinking: I fear I've gone back to daily coffee with sugar and (usually) almond milk. I've mostly been using coconut sugar, which to be frank, does not taste at all like white granulated.  Bitter. I've been soooo tired lately, so that is my excuse, albeit a poor one perhaps.

To make up for it, I just filled a to-go 20 oz bottle of water, which hopefully I will sip throughout the rest of the day.

Eating: I've continued to be very good about avoiding oil margarine/butter and dairy, minimizing sugar, salt, and animal protein (I had a 4 oz salmon fillet and one egg this week, but that's it), and eating more whole grains, vegetables and fruit. This morning for breakfast I had a bowl of All Bran Flakes with almond milk and half a slice of homemade whole wheat toast with peanut butter. A few minutes ago I had a whole orange cut in slices for easier consumption.

Reading: I just finished reading Orphan 32 by Thanh Campbell for book club. Not the world's best writing and it seems to have been self-published. But Thanh does have an interesting story about his evacuation from Saigon during the Vietnam War in 1975, his adoption in Canada, and what happened afterward. I'm continuing to plug away on How Christianity Changed the World by Alvin J. Schmidt and have begun One Simple Act: Discovering the Power of Generosity by Debbie Macomber. For the moment I've set aside Jim Cymbala's Spirit Rising. Not that I want to set aside the Holy Spirit by any means!

Watching: My husband and I have been watching Secret Church (David Platt) in installments. Our church subscribes to Right Now Media, which gives access to thousands of teaching videos, and this was recommended by our pastor, who said it's the next best thing to getting a Bible College education.

Listening: Sirius XM The Message

Creating: Pictures in my mind - visualizing what our bathroom will look like when it's finished. We just decided yesterday that we won't get a tub and shower surround (3-piece installation), but do the traditional tub and tile shower. Now that there are better ways of avoiding mould in the bathroom environment, it seems that this is the best way to go for quality, longevity and appearance. 

Also, working on novel revisions as indicated above.

Buying: We just bought our new bathroom vanity. It's a 42-inch solid wood product in an espresso finish with a quartz countertop (white with a grey pattern) and undermount sink (also white). Next to choose tub and tile.

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Anticipating: Saturday is my mom's birthday so our plan is to visit, help her with some household chores and go out for supper. Weather permitting, it should be a great day!

What are you up to, right now?

2 comments:

  1. It is always wonderful to get something in your home redone or made over! Enjoy your mom's birthday!
    Barbara from Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!