Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Wednesday, 31 May 2017

An Accomplished Hodgepodge

If it's Wednesday, it must be time for the hodgepodge! 
Please join us by clicking here!

Here are this week's questions and answers:

1. What makes you feel accomplished? Explain.
 

Seeing results for effort. For example, finishing a piece of writing, cleaning a room in the house, noticeable decluttering, etc. 

2. If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be? Tell us why.

This was a tough question, but ultimately I decided on:

Steven Curtis Chapman - I'm almost finished reading his autobiography, Between Heaven and the Real World, and am fascinated. Also, he's known to be quite chatty, so he would give a great interview! 


My daughter's been a huge fan of his for years and has several (most?) of his albums. This picture is a little blurry, but it shows her and her brother with Steven Curtis and fellow artist Geoff Moore at a post-concert meet-and-greet several years ago.

L to R: Geoff Moore, Annika, Kenneth, Steven Curtis Chapman

Cliff and Wilma Derksen - the Derksens' daughter, Candace, was murdered in 1984 and they have chosen the radical response of forgiveness. Read this amazing article for more. 


Asia Bibi - This Pakistani woman was beaten and imprisoned for her faith in 2009. She remains behind bars, facing a sentence of death. You can write her a letter or petition an official through this site
It strikes me that these interviewees share a common thread: they are all survivors.

3. Do you have a great burger recipe? What's in it? What do you like on a hamburger and where is your favorite spot to order one out?


Sarah Matheny's Peas and Thank You recipe for black bean burgers is one I make all the time. For toppings I like ketchup, mustard, zucchini relish, tomato, spinach and lettuce. Onions, too, if I don't have to worry about offending anyone with my breath. As for ordering out, the veggie burger at Harvey's tastes good. I haven't tried the veggie burger at South Street Burger yet, so I'm not sure how it compares.
 
4. What's the biggest anxiety producing thing you do on a regular basis?

I'm pretty easy-going and calm-spirited. I can't think of anything anxiety-producing that I do on a regular basis.

5. This is the last Hodgepodge of May. Tell us about your summer plans.



One of my main goals is to get my house in order. We need to do a major purge and clean/tidy. We also hope to work on our front and backyards to get them looking better. Because of our bathroom reno, we aren't going anywhere big as a couple, though I'm joining my mom and aunt on an  bus tour of Newfoundland's west coast (striking an item off my bucket list!). 

Here's when I was last in Gros Morne (2010). I can't say the photo does it justice.


This time, I'll be getting north of Gros Morne, as far as the Viking settlement in L'Anse aux Meadows, and crossing over to Labrador for one night's stay.

6. Insert your own random thought here.


The best things we can do for another human being are to pray for them, love them, and exercise compassion. The greatest need anyone has is to be accepted.

6 comments:

  1. I like your choice of guests for your talk show.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like these little glimpses into my blogger friends lives and mind.
    Come see my daughter & her graduation surprise! #Caneyhead: High School Graduation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally just saved that link for the black bean burger recipe! I am a vegan and always on the lookout for new "burger" recipes. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the best one I've found - if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!