Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Friday, 12 May 2017

#Friday Five

http://millysguide.com/category/fridayfive/
An attitude of thankfulness is said to increase positivity and happiness. I might even add 'joy'.
 
Here's the list of things I'm thankful for this week, i.e. my Friday five. Actually, I'm going to make it six because - why not?!

1. Today is my birthday. Thankful to have lived another year and to have had the experiences I've had, even though some have challenged me more than I wanted to be pushed. I'm grateful for all this last year has taught me. Lots to celebrate!

2. I appreciate my husband's hard work. He has always supported my dreams and encouraged me to pursue them. He is very handy around the house, which saves us big-time on labour costs when anything needs to be done. He provides well for our family and loves me and our children. This morning he couldn't wait to give me my new Tim Hortons ceramic travel mug, which I look forward to using!

3. Thankful for the BIG spontaneous hug my son gave me yesterday. Not sure if it was inspired by something I'm not aware of, but I sure enjoyed it.

4. Thankful that my daughter has a part-time summer job now and that she's really enjoying her new responsibilities. She is detailing limousines and everyone in the family now has high expectations of her taking care of our vehicles, LOL.

5. My friend had her appointment with the oncologist Wednesday and has been declared cancer-free. Surgery did the trick and no chemotherapy or radiation are required. Praise God!

6. Heading into Mother's Day, I have to say I am very thankful for my Mom. She brought me up by herself with her parents' support, sacrificed much, and always loved and encouraged me. I'm looking forward to spoiling her this weekend and hope she enjoys everything I have planned. Listening to her guesswork is half the fun.

What are you thankful for this week?

4 comments:

  1. An awesome list! I find the little things mean just as much as big gestures. I am thankful for my sister, my closest, surviving member of my family. I am thankful for the man I married. Thankful for my children and the two grandchildren.
    Thankful for the kate jasmines in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your list, Barbara! I tried to find a picture of kate jasmines online, but was unsuccessful. They must be beautiful, though!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Susan! I hope it is an amazing day for you. Detailing limos sounds like a fun job! Good luck to her this summer. Happy for your friend. That must be a huge relief for all. Happy Mother's Day Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paula! Happy Mother's Day to you as well! Not sure your son can top the gift of an SUV ;)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!