Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Friday, 5 May 2017

Practicing Gratitude #Friday Five

I've decided to add Practicing Gratitude to my blog schedule and join with Lauren, whom I met during the A to Z Blogging Challenge. Each Friday I'll post five things for which I'm grateful. An attitude of thankfulness is said to increase positivity and happiness. I might even add 'joy'.

Here's the list of things I'm thankful for this week:

1) My daughter is back from college residence and has been very helpful with meal preparation and kitchen clean-up. With my busy schedule this week, that has been a huge blessing!

2) Although it's due to someone requiring a medical leave, I'm thankful for the additional hours at work. Bathroom renovations are expensive!

3) Because of our renovations, we hadn't planned on traveling anywhere this year. But courtesy of a travel subsidy from my mom, I'm going to be able to cross off a bucket list item this year. Gros Morne and L'Anse aux Meadows, here I come! The former I've been to once previously, the latter not at all. And we'll be crossing into Labrador, which I've also never seen!

4) I'm part of an awesome life group through my church. Love having people with whom to do life and with whom to be real.

5) Prayer is powerful, especially where two or three are gathered. Thankful for corporate prayer opportunities as well as for a God who hears and answers prayer. Not always the way we expect or would like, but always with the big picture in mind - a picture to which we aren't privy but will someday understand.

 What are you thankful for this week?

6 comments:

  1. I love this! I need to practice gratitude more often. Maybe I will join this group

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to have you, Paula!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Susan, I'm really grateful that you're joining with #FridayFive! You have listed some lovely things to be grateful for, hope you have a lovely time with your daughter. Hope to see your 5 things again next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren - I plan to make #FridayFive part of my regular blogging! Glad I found you through A-Z!

      Delete
  3. Nice list. We have family who have been to Gros Morne and their photos were amazing! I completely agree with point 5. I am so thankful for a God who cares about every detail in our lives. He is an awesome God! K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gros Morne is amazing, Newfoundland itself is amazing. Another example of God's attention to details, this time as shown in nature. I'm looking forward to going back!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!