Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. May 17th is National Pack Rat Day. Sidebar-should we be celebrating this? Hmmm...

Are you a pack rat? Even if you're not a full-fledged pack rat, most people have one thing or another they struggle to part with. Tell us what's yours.

We should NOT be celebrating this 'holiday.' I'm a bit of a pack rat, so I can say that, don't you think? I've definitely gotten better at decluttering, but I still have a long way to go before I can enjoy the simple life I long for. Paper is a big problem for me, but it's not the only one.
 
2. What are two things you know you should know how to do, but you don't?

This is a toughie. There are definitely things I don't know how to do, but should I know? That is the question. I would like to know how to knit and crochet, but by the same token I'm not sure I'm willing to invest the time in learning and being frustrated...

3. Do you crave sugar? Do you add sugar to your coffee and/or tea? Do you use artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes? When dining out is dessert a given? Are you someone who has slain the sugar dragon, and if so tell us how you did it.


I wouldn't say I crave sugar. If you asked me about chocolate, I might admit to the odd craving in that direction. I never add sweetener to tea, but I can't drink coffee without something. In the last couple of months I've made the switch from sugar to maple syrup. I tried coconut sugar first, then Sucanat, after learning that there are negative aspects to using Stevia. Now it's maple syrup all the way. My daughter thinks it's gross but my son says, "Hey, we're Canadian. We put maple syrup on everything."
Dessert is not a given when dining out. Usually I'm already satisfied by the time dessert rolls around. But when my hubby and I went out to the buffet Friday night, I did have a small piece of custard pie and half of a chocolate chip cookie.

4. What's a trend it took a while for you to come round to, but now you can't imagine living without?

Texting!

5. What's a song that reminds you of a specific incident in your life? Please elaborate.

Whenever I hear 'Happy Together,' it reminds me of when my husband and I were dating. And no, we weren't dating in the era the song was released!!
For some reason it became 'our song' during a hike through a conservation area, back in the day. I guess because we were 'happy together.' Still are!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 


It's very easy to let other people rent space in your head, but doing so only makes you feel miserable. Don't be infected by someone else's bad mood. Do your best to stay calm, cool and collected in the situation and let it pass over you like water off a duck's back. 
Yesterday I had a customer who was unhappy with his experience at the previous service counter. He kept griping to me about it and I did my best to make him feel that his complaint was being heard. I offered him the possibility of speaking to a supervisor as well. When he left, he made the statement that if the woman who'd "helped" him before I did didn't want her job, he would take it. I made the mistake of smiling (his comment sounded like a joke to me, but obviously he was too wound up to find it humorous) and was informed that he didn't need my smiles. I wonder if he allowed the rest of his day to be poisoned... I chose to redeem mine.
______________ 
Please join us for the Wednesday Hodgepodge by clicking here!

8 comments:

  1. Hello from Idaho and stop in from Songbird.
    I'm trying to be come less of a pack rat. Hope all is weel, and if you have time stop in for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, Dora - thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  2. Not much of a pack rat. I drink everything sweet, but seldom have a dessert. For me, simply having a cell phone and bluetooth is the best new thing.
    Enjoyed your answers!
    Faith: #TheWordonWords at Life & Faith in Caneyhead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara - I appreciate you chiming in!

      Delete
  3. Crochet was one of my answers too on #2.

    Nice to visit you today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I just popped over to your blog as well. Look forward to getting to know you!

      Delete
  4. I am a wannabee minimalist and currently a pack-rat. It gets confusing.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, and that's quite a leap from being a pack-rat to being a minimalist. I definitely want to move in the direction of simplicity. Sometimes I get on a roll of getting rid of things, other times it all falls apart :(

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!