Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Wednesday, 24 May 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What color is prominent in your home? Are you glad about that or wishing you could cover it up or remove it?

We have a lot of green and yellow. While I don't mind it, I do find that the yellow can be hard to keep clean. I am thinking about redoing our colours, particularly the entrance-way, living room/dining room, kitchen and hallway. Probably a neutral from the taupe family. My husband just painted our main bathroom in Dulux's tulle white. I love it.

2. What's something you'll NEVER do again?

I pierced my ears when I was sixteen. It was a no-no in my family and I wanted to make the point that they were my ears and I could do what I wanted with them. They ended up getting infected and when the infection passed, I let them close over. For me, it was never about wearing earrings...

3. Tell us a couple of ways you fit the stereotypes associated with your gender, and a couple of ways you don't.

I do the traditional things associated with being a 'domestic engineer' - I cook and clean and mother my children. As for how I break the stereotype, I am an equal partner with my husband in family leadership and I tend not to be overly emotional.

4. May is Motorcycle Awareness Month. Have you ever owned a motorcycle? Ever ridden a motorcycle? If the opportunity presented itself would you hop on a motorcycle and go for a ride?


My husband and I owned a motorcycle several years ago - a 1982 Honda Goldwing. So yes, I've ridden one, but never driven it. I would hop on a motorcycle again if the conditions were right. Just for a short ride.

5. If someone wanted to understand you, what should they read, watch, and listen to?

They should read the Bible, watch Touched by An Angel and The Passion of the Christ, and listen to James MacDonald. Great question!

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


The on-going terrorist attacks around the world are unacceptable, to say the least. Don't we all feel that Daesh could have been taken care of by now? What's the hold-up? A lack of political will? Why, when so many are dying?
_____________

Please join us for the Wednesday Hodgepodge by clicking here!

4 comments:

  1. I watch a lot of news programs and did not know what Daesh was until I read your article. It's a sad world we live in. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie - you too! Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  2. I never had an interest in having my ears pierced. Usually, my hair covered my ears and I thought what's the point? But then, I've never been all about jewelry like some women. One or two rings. Occasionally a necklace or a bracelet.
    I have never been a girly girl, yet I was never exactly a tomboy either.
    It would take way more than three things for anyone to ever come close to understanding me! I have way too many layers I think.
    I Saw it on Facebook at Life & Faith in Caneyhead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been all about jewelry either. Most of what I have is costume jewelry and I do wear necklaces to work and church, also my wedding and engagement rings, but that's about it. I own a university class ring and a birthstone ring, but I very rarely wear them. I do NOT want a ring upgrade for any milestone anniversary. I'd rather use the money to go somewhere or do something I can cross off my bucket list.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!