Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Monday, 12 June 2017

A Single Step

I have a chalkboard in our basement bathroom. Right now we are all using it to shower while our main bathroom renovations continue. But normally it's the facility used primarily by my son. I use the board for quotes I hope he'll find inspiring, and the most recent quote is the one pictured here. 

 
I wrote it two or three weeks ago and last week my son posted some thoughts on Facebook, including these words: 
I am working as hard as I can to make this the turning of a new leaf. so I can look back on my 20s as the fruit of the hard lessons I had in my teens.
That sounds like beginning with a single step to me. And I'm excited about what the future holds for him as I know he's working hard to improve his life.

What do you think? Have you ever faced a life journey where you just had to take the first step, then the next one and the next one? How did it work out? Make it the thousand miles? Please share your personal story in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing a good job mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray God can help him keep his eye on the prize. Our son had a turbulent few years as he went into his twenties. He lived here and there for awhile. Finally one Fourth of July while we were away from home, he called us. Said he had just kicked the front door in to enter. That he had, had enough. He just turned twenty eight. He's been married six years this Sept. Has a five year old daughter, a three month old son, and a new home.
    Visit me @ Life & Faith in Caneyhead. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement, Barbara. Glad to hear your son is doing great now. Praise God!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!