Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Friday, 9 June 2017

#FridayFive

An attitude of thankfulness is said to increase positivity, happiness and joy. Here's what I'm thankful for this week:

1. The offer of help from my son to fold laundry and dry dishes. It was nice to have support without asking for it.

2. A good conversation with my son following the above. It's not often he sits down to share about his life and his thought processes, so I really appreciate it when he does. He enjoyed it too and thanked me for listening.

3. Everyone loved the song cover my daughter did for her brother's birthday gift. She has a beautiful voice and put her heart into it.

4. We have sleeping accommodation on the train both ways of our trip now. At first it was just the return portion and my mom was worried about not being able to get enough rest. She has enough sleep issues as it is. Getting a cabin was an answer to prayer.

5. My library was selling last year's editions of the Writer's Market and Children's Writer's and Illustrator's Market for $2 each. A bargain! Speaking of books on writing, did you know that Jeff Goins has a new book out? Real Artists Don't Starve. I'm going submit it to our acquisitions librarian as a purchase suggestion, but it's a pretty good price on Amazon as well. 
_____________
#FridayFive was started by Lauren at Milly's Guide. What are you thankful for? Leave your reply in the comments or in your own blog post.

4 comments:

  1. 1. Rain. What a wonderful sound, smell and relief from the hear.

    2. Music.

    3. Cell phones. Talked to my granddaughter in Massachusetts for a long time. Dang I miss her.

    4. Dirt. Working in the garden is so much cheaper than paying a therapist.

    5. Pho soup. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worked in the garden a couple of times this week, pulling weeds. Man, do I hate weeds! But a weedless garden is a thing of beauty, for sure! And we need rain to make things grow as well as for relief from the heat.

      Talking to your granddaughter has to delight both of you :)

      Delete
  2. I love the little family thankfulness moments. Those are precious times.
    Visit me @ Life & Faith in Caneyhead. 😉

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!