Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Friday, 2 June 2017

#FridayFive

I missed posting last Friday, so this may turn into a #FridayTen; we'll see.

An attitude of thankfulness is said to increase positivity, happiness and joy. Here's what I'm thankful for this week:

1. The tiles for our bathroom finally arrived and we've picked them up. Ready to move forward - hopefully my husband gets the job done this weekend!

2. Hubby got the wedi-board up (this is what the tiles are glued onto).

3. Safe travel to and from my dental appointment. Took me just over two hours to get into Toronto in heavy downpour (normally anywhere from an hour to an hour and a quarter). Pouring rain on the way home after supper as well. Of course, no one moderates his speed in spite of the road and weather conditions!

Not my picture

4. Our church elders' board works hard and gives many volunteer hours to offer leadership to the pastoral team and congregation. Our life group hosted a meal for them and their wives to show our appreciation for all they do. I'm thankful most were able to come and enjoy and that we had a lovely day to eat outside and have fellowship.


5. My husband and a friend were able to work on our front yard Wednesday. They got the dogwoods out and the Japanese yews in; the creeping juniper out and some Dragon's blood sedum in. We need more, but it's a start! Looks better already and according to my neighbour's three-year-old son, my husband is the "best digger ever"!
 
Mike and Dave

6. Purchased subscriptions to the upcoming season of local live theatre. My husband and I went this past year and really enjoyed it. This year we'll have company and take over a table for eight. Looking forward to getting to know some of those in our circle a little better.

7. Lots of lovely sunshine and vitamin D this week!

8. People are praying for me and my family on an ongoing basis and I appreciate that so much!

9. Today is my son's birthday. He's brought much joy and laughter to our family since coming into the world twenty years ago. We can't imagine life without him and are proud to have raised a young man who is a good friend and who has a kind heart. Wishing him all the best for his birthday today and for all the days of his life. May he experience more joy than he ever dreamed or imagined!
 
Happy Birthday, son!

10. My daughter put a lot of work and effort into brother's birthday present, with the help of a few friends. She finally gets to give it to him today. Looking forward to his response and the end of her impatience, LOL.
____________
#FridayFive was started by Lauren at Milly's Guide. What are you thankful for? Leave your reply in the comments or in your own blog post.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you love to see your kid doing well for each other? And others? Especially of their own volition. That happens because of not what we tell our kids - but by the examples we set. Good work, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the affirmation, Eli. Yes, it's awesome to see the love and affection they have for one another. Every parent's desire for his/her children!

      Delete
  2. There are always things for which to be thankful if we'll just look!
    Visit me @ Life & Faith in Caneyhead. 😉

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!