Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Friday, 16 June 2017

#FridayFive

Want to increase positivity, joy and happiness in your own life? Make a list of things you are thankful for to develop an attitude of gratitude! Here's what I'm thankful for this week:

1. Sunday was our church's day of celebration, looking back on the past year and seeing all that God has done in us and through us as a church body. What a wonderful day - although we've experienced some hardships, including the death of our much-loved senior pastor - we've also experienced personal growth, unity, and a deeper level of care for each other and the community around us.


2. I always loved choosing courses - whether it was my own in high school and university, or helping my daughter in her first year or two of post-secondary education. Monday I had the pleasure of guiding my son through his first year university course selection process. He wasn't too excited about it (I think he finds administrative stuff stressful), but for me - what fun! He'll be doing two music courses, drama, medieval history and a required English course on academic writing. We both agree that it's a fairly soft entry into university after a year away from school. We want him to experience success to build his confidence. And he's a music major, so he needs those music courses anyway.

3. This is customer appreciation week at the place I get my hair done. Taking advantage of the opportunity to have a mini-manicure for free! This will only be the third professional manicure I've enjoyed. Even the mini version requires quite a bit of time.


My first manicure!
4. My massage therapist gave me a couple of exercises to open up my trapezoid muscles. The one I do on the exercise ball is amazing. Thanks, Jas!

5. Today is the 19th anniversary of my grandfather's passing. I miss him so much and think of him often. I'm very thankful for his life, his character and the legacy of faith he left  Also for the volume of happy memories I have of him and the times we had together. I will never stop remembering or loving him and look forward to seeing him again. 
_____________
#FridayFive was started by Lauren at Milly's Guide. What are you thankful for? Leave your reply in the comments or in your own blog post.

8 comments:

  1. Very enjoyable reading, Susan, as always. I, too, have not had many professional manicures. A friend at work recently got a nice one for a wedding. French manicure --- gel. It's still lasting. I wouldn't get it for everyday, I don't think, but if I was going on a trip, I'd consider it.
    I know that water is good for you but recently I've been buying oxygenated water. I know, a sucker born every minute. ;) I've been tired lately (blame my cat) and this water promises extra energy. Plus it's fun!
    Enjoy your day, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for chiming in, friend. Hope you find that oxygenated water energizing and fun! Is it anything like carbonated or how's the taste?

      Delete
    2. hi there, Susan. The water doesn't taste like anything but it's a good size and it adds to my water intake while I'm at work. Stops me from mindlessly snacking -- sometimes.;)

      Delete
  2. That is so cool to get a mini manicure!! I haven't had a manicure in years. Since I stopped wearing artificial nails. It sounds like you have found a good church and church family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have indeed, Paula! And I don't know if you've heard of Jamberry products, but if you've used artificial nails, these may be the next best thing since 'sliced bread.' They're nail wraps and apparently last 2 weeks. A friend of mine is a Jamberry rep and she loves them.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!