Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Saturday, 10 June 2017

Weekly Weigh-In

I usually weigh myself first thing in the morning before I've had breakfast. I forgot to do that today, but as of yesterday my weight is still holding. 

I saw the naturopath again Monday. He says he's seen the best weight loss success comes from cutting the grains way back (not forever) and intermittent fasting. Here's some information from WebMD. It's not the way it was described to me, though, which was to say that when you get up in the morning, you don't automatically eat breakfast. Instead, you ask yourself if you're hungry. If you are, eat until satisfied. If not, wait an hour and see if you're hungry then. If yes, eat. If no, wait another hour, and ask yourself this question again. Repeat for each meal. The idea is to abbreviate the window of eating so you're not eating from dawn to dusk, but during a briefer period of time.

The naturopath also suggests only one serving of fruit a day, protein at every meal, healthy fats at every meal (especially Omega 3 oils, since we typically get plenty of Omega 6's), and lots of veggies. Clearly, lots of sweets are unhelpful. Oh, and drink lots of water - it helps with fiber.

I have a busy day of housecleaning ahead. We're having a few people and two dogs over tomorrow afternoon. There will be food, but mostly healthy. I'll try not to eat more than I should.

You wouldn't think it would be such a challenge to lose 4-5 pounds! My daughter has done so since moving back home from residence. Then again, she's not my age and she doesn't have a thyroid problem.

4 comments:

  1. I am hungry nearly 100% of mornings right when I get up! If I wasn't, I'd probably start thinking of food, and get hungry. Good luck on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eli. I'm lucky that I don't have a lot to get rid of. I empathize with those who struggle to lose a greater number of pounds.

      Delete
  2. I'm not hungry when I get up in the morning. My stomach doesn't "wake up" until about mid-afternoon, sometimes a bit earlier. Breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day, but I agree with don't eat until you're hungry.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've certainly been taught that the first meal is the most important - but no one said what time we need to eat it! Going with hunger makes sense to me.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!