A disaster is about to happen (apocalypse, zombies taking over the world, stranded on a desert island, the choice is yours) and you can only save 5 books. What 5 books would you save?I answered:
1. The Bible - for spiritual sustenance and survival I couldn't do without it
2. The Ultimate Survival Manual, Canadian edition - for obvious reasons.
and for pure reading pleasure:
3. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
4. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
5. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
I would never get tired of them. Interesting that #3-5 are all written by authors who go by their initials!
I would not take: Ulysses by James Joyce. It has sat on my home bookshelf for years (since I was in university!) and I have yet to read it even once.
How about you? Which five titles would you choose to save?