Here's the list of things I'm thankful for this week, i.e. my Friday five. Actually, I'm going to make it six because - why not?!
1. Today is my birthday. Thankful to have lived another year and to have had the experiences I've had, even though some have challenged me more than I wanted to be pushed. I'm grateful for all this last year has taught me. Lots to celebrate!
2. I appreciate my husband's hard work. He has always supported my dreams and encouraged me to pursue them. He is very handy around the house, which saves us big-time on labour costs when anything needs to be done. He provides well for our family and loves me and our children. This morning he couldn't wait to give me my new Tim Hortons ceramic travel mug, which I look forward to using!
3. Thankful for the BIG spontaneous hug my son gave me yesterday. Not sure if it was inspired by something I'm not aware of, but I sure enjoyed it.
4. Thankful that my daughter has a part-time summer job now and that she's really enjoying her new responsibilities. She is detailing limousines and everyone in the family now has high expectations of her taking care of our vehicles, LOL.
5. My friend had her appointment with the oncologist Wednesday and has been declared cancer-free. Surgery did the trick and no chemotherapy or radiation are required. Praise God!
6. Heading into Mother's Day, I have to say I am very thankful for my Mom. She brought me up by herself with her parents' support, sacrificed much, and always loved and encouraged me. I'm looking forward to spoiling her this weekend and hope she enjoys everything I have planned. Listening to her guesswork is half the fun.
What are you thankful for this week?