I've decided to add Practicing Gratitude to my blog schedule and join with Lauren, whom I met during the A to Z Blogging Challenge. Each Friday I'll post five things for which I'm grateful. An attitude of thankfulness is said to increase positivity and happiness. I might even add 'joy'.
Here's the list of things I'm thankful for this week:
1) My daughter is back from college residence and has been very helpful with meal preparation and kitchen clean-up. With my busy schedule this week, that has been a huge blessing!
2) Although it's due to someone requiring a medical leave, I'm thankful for the additional hours at work. Bathroom renovations are expensive!
3) Because of our renovations, we hadn't planned on traveling anywhere this year. But courtesy of a travel subsidy from my mom, I'm going to be able to cross off a bucket list item this year. Gros Morne and L'Anse aux Meadows, here I come! The former I've been to once previously, the latter not at all. And we'll be crossing into Labrador, which I've also never seen!
4) I'm part of an awesome life group through my church. Love having people with whom to do life and with whom to be real.
5) Prayer is powerful, especially where two or three are gathered. Thankful for corporate prayer opportunities as well as for a God who hears and answers prayer. Not always the way we expect or would like, but always with the big picture in mind - a picture to which we aren't privy but will someday understand.
What are you thankful for this week?