Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Friday, 11 August 2017

#FridayFive

Want to increase positivity, joy and happiness in your own life? Make a list of things you are thankful for to develop an attitude of gratitude! Here's what I'm thankful for this week:

1. Safe travel. I was recently away with my mom and aunt, checking off an item on my bucket list with a trip to Gros Morne National Park and L'Anse aux Meadows (Viking settlement), Newfoundland. We even crossed over to Labrador and spent about 20 hours there. Now I am safely back home again!

2. Relatively swift recovery from illness. Toward the end of my time away I picked up a cold my aunt acquired from another traveler. I did have to call in sick Tuesday and spent most of the day sleeping, but I am feeling much better now.

3. God's creation as evidenced all around me in this magnificent country. We traveled via train, bus and ferry and there was much beauty to drink in. In Newfoundland we saw whales (Humpback, Fin, Minke, Orca), dolphins, caribou and moose, and there were still icebergs off of Red Bay, Labrador.

Unfortunately, not my photo. The only decent shot I got was of an Orca fin. 

4. Getting back on the healthy eating wagon. I did gain a bit of weight during my holiday, but I am already making better choices and eating less. I'm sure it won't be long before I'm on track.

5. Lots of extra hours at work this week. I only work part-time, so I don't get paid if I'm not there. My husband got his regular paycheque this week, but I got nothing. The additional hours will help make up for lost income. With two young people resuming higher education next month and our bathroom reno still to complete (still have to order those shower doors!), the finances are much needed.
____________________
#FridayFive was started by Lauren at Milly's Guide. What are you thankful for? Leave your reply in the comments or in your own blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!